8/04/2014

Something different

Weekly post been reduced to almost a Month of nothing. Well I got a whole lot of crap coming (still finishing the write-ups) but it is coming. Now for something completely different from usual stuff written here.
Although I usually stay clear on "feel good" articles regarding anything...this one struck-home strong. The dude Ernest Gagnon 33, at 570lb suffering from diabetes complications. His doctor recommended that he undergo gastric bypass surgery to help him lose a lot of weight instead he opted to GO OUT AND RIDE A BIKE and he succeeded.

Badass Clyde here!

And here I am with the same type of dilemma. The good thing about Gagnon story is that he is motivated while now I am on "cross-roads" that I need to figure out. During my downtime (when I crashed and ruined my bike) got to think about a lot of things. Was enthusiastic when all was taken care-off in regards to getting my bike in working order along with feel-good upgrades I purchased. Road rides are easy to come by, weekend long rides with friends/Bike group frequent. My wife now ever so supporting than before. But I still choose not to saddle up and ride. Why? Because NO MOTIVATION.
After reading Ernest Gagnon link that was posted on my FB wall by Mtbr.com I immediately went to the bathroom and looked at my self in the mirror. I saw no Hamster but a pussy that I had turned to, this dude Gagnon was 570 pounds and now I am just 300 lbs bitchin' about the small details that would prevent me from riding. I have the tools, and time to do it but I choose not to...then my 5yr. old son came up to me asking for a snack. Looking at him I now realized what motivated me on the first place to take-up biking. Promised the little dude that I will be around for a long time and that will not happen if I continue on this path of weariness.

Motivated now? YES. Let's ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment