8/15/2014

Bike ride: Friday...

Save me the trouble...
The day started with a mad scramble. Color coding shinning its ugly head and it is almost upon me, my wife decided not to tag along today because I'm going to park my car in-front of the school and kill time doing laps on Mall of Asia. As I was about to back-out the garage I felt that I needed to AGAIN go to the throne. Long pause and a lot of expletives later, now ready to embark. But wait...wheres the strap of the bike rack? Arrrghhh couple of minutes yet again wasted.

Using a car and rack? Ewww...
Seven on the dot
Now finally arrived at the school without incident/getting apprehended. Talked to my son for a few and promised him a couple of Hotwheel toys if he does well on his 1st quarter exams. 
Now I ride, Roxas and baywalk fine place to spin and get the legs warmed-up before hitting the roadie segment dominated MOA.

Solaire road, to diokno blvd
Back on the grind
Instead of doing my normal laps along SMC by the bay, Solaire road, and Diokno blvd. Headed straight to Libertad bridge, CCP, Starcity and back to MOA. The route does not have any brutal climbs, but it will test your sustained pedaling because of varying crosswinds.
Spinning and maintaining a certain speed sure is challenging when you cannot use the flat-land 42T front ring (self limit). But I find it to be easy on legs once you get use to it (on 32T front). My Target average for today 18 kph sustained, while I would go 20-23 kph on the top-end. According to the Strava data I did just that going a couple of KPH over the top pedaling speed.

Aliw theater...road
Plan B
Now the only missing link on my XC bike updated drive train. Sure the triple ring, 11x34 9-speed very flexible but I need that extra push on low side of gearing (climbing). Doing a 32t (front) on flats adequate most of the time unless you want to chase roadies.
An 11x36 with a single 32 upfront? Cat.3-4 climbs will be brutal but I plan on using a gear ex pander to convert the 36 to tractor pulling 42t ring STAY tuned.

EL Camino chill
Plan BSS
Instead of sticking with just the EL CAMINO during weekday runs I will mix it up a little by using the BEATER SS on alternating days so bring on the pain!

Manila bay
FISHING!!!

Strava DATA
Ernest Hamster



No comments:

Post a Comment