9/03/2014

Hamster preview: Iberra Top tube mini pannier

On this edition of Hamster preview we feature Iberra Top tube mini pannier provided by Ride Clyde Manila.

Convenience that's the reason I pulled the Mini pannier out of RCManila inventory. During a ride a couple of weeks ago I stuffed my spare tube, multi-tool, tire levers, a 5 inch screen smartphone plus my wallet down my poor 1 liter Deuter Escape bag. It worked barely as I could not zip-it-up due to over packing.

Man bag

So I looked for an alternative in my bike accessories inventory. Should I use my old medium sized top peak saddle bag? Which is attached to my commuter bike. Or should I just bring my Deuter 12 liter hydration bag? Which is big and without the hydration bladder being used is overkill for an hour or two road ride. The answer came in Iberra Top tube mini pannier bag which I installed on my XC bike.

Out of the box and fit
Sealed in clear plastic the bag came with Iberra tag and those carton display thing where you hang the product on shelves. As advertised it came with a rain cover.
Iberra top tube mini pannier bag

Straps are adjustable for all type of bike frames. The upper strap goes around the head tube while the strap that holds the lower portion of the bag goes around the down tube. It sports 2 pannier like compartments with the left one having a mesh; zippered inner compartment for stuff that needs to be secured, while right side only has pocket inside the compartment. The rear of the bag also has two small mesh pockets.

Stuffing young bagging
You could fit two inner tubes on one side of pannier with the rain cover. 
Other side zippered mesh compartment can accommodate a Iphone sized smartphone, your money, or keys. 
I have big smartphone so instead of shoving it inside mesh compartment (does not fit) it sits with the wired bike lock along with a patch kit. The multi-tool, tire levers, zip lock sandwich bag, zip ties and some loose peso bills sits comfortably inside the zippered compartment.

Ride
Initial ride imagined that pannier will hit my balls when I dismount but thankfully my top tube length enough to clear my jewels without hitting the bag. Riding for 40 km that day had no issues with Iberra and found all the compartments to be quite handy.

I'm rollin' you hatin'

Ernest Hamster

No comments:

Post a Comment