11/23/2014

Hamster wheel

Keeps on spinning

"I'm fast, faster than you"

Yesterday we went to nearby mall to eat waffles and browse the "sh*t pile" toys on sale. The missus already scouted the displays the day before so I was not expecting much. Until one of the sales rep offered me a bike at cost. It had all the boxes ticked, 20 inch 16 inch wheel size my son could use this for years, rims; tires are standard (spokes, tube), non of unnecessary crappy accessories present, and it was dirt cheap. Sure it was a pig on purchase but with a few minor touches I could turn the bike to something my son can enjoy.

EJ new steed last night

Instead of going home EJ wanted to test the bike. So we went to Blue bay, nearby family friendly place to eat and hang out. He rode that thing still with training wheels until he dropped.
When we got home I immediately tinkered with the bike removed the training wheels, angry bird race plate, decals. Adjusted the saddle, tightened bolts, re-aligned the front brakes was rubbing the rim, inflated the tires to 40 psi it was at 10 psi when we got it, flipped the front wheel orientation the thread pattern of tires was on opposite direction, adjusted the BMX handlebars to EJ liking, removed the ugly pedal reflectors, and lubed the chain.

Perfect for the price. Frame paint needs work, next project?

EJ got to rode the bike with proper setup today and told me that he liked it very much. Thank you son you made my day.

Shout out to the dudes of Siglo Siklistas who participated on Nuvali Dirt weekend XC race. Congratulations! Enjoy your after race "bikers juice".

Ernest "Papa" Hamster

No comments:

Post a Comment