1/04/2015

Hamster wheel

Happy bun's, happy ride
Beginning to sound like Britney Spears here "Ooopppsss I did it again" purchased something I think, I need. This time convinced myself that SS beater needs a NEW saddle.

It just so happens that yesterday my son wanted to play with his cousin's. So I picked them up, drove them to blue bay for fun family bonding and Hamster retail therapy. I did not catch her name but the staff at Paulina's patiently answered my queries regarding price of ZEE brakes, chain ring bolts (lack thereof) and giving me the receipt for the saddle thanks!

They say that no one bike seat perfect. YES I adhere to that train of though so while browsing the store display immediately looked for a longer nose model. The saddle that was previously on the camino (hah! Get to this in a minute) nose was not long enough to seat my junk, and was always digging in area before my family jewels down there.
Instead of giving SS the new saddle I opted to put the thing on the camino why? Because Main bike! Now the SS gets the trusty old workhorse seat.



Removed the WTB pure-v saddle on camino, cleaned all the gunk on seat post clamps, adjusted the for and aft, rail position, the DDK saddle looks great on the bike.
While the oldie saddle clamp on the SS needs a little spray of WD40 to remove the surface rust which was present (SS Beater has a lot of this). Test fitted the pure-v on SS and told myself that beater beginning to not look like a...beater. With saddle, new v-brakes, and probably 9 speed drive train hand me down from the camino.



Got to test the new saddle around the block for quick ride while wearing one of my uncomfortable thin shorts. Immediately noticed that the saddle felt rock hard, but now my junk n balls sitting on right position not dangling, and also the digging on the area I mentioned above was gone. Only real concern for the saddle durability, had purchase a similar low priced saddle before it only took me 3 trails rides to destroy it. Would probably swap the DDK's for the WTB on trail runs but for now since I plan to ride road more the seat stays on.

DDK saddles
WTB saddles

Ernest "this buns..." Hamster

No comments:

Post a Comment