4/14/2015

Guess who's back?

Won't lie had a couple of rides, bike updates and  hamster wheel that I forgot to post before hitting the beach...my bad.

Bike ride
Participated on Audax type event organized by Centurion Bike group (first week of March).

With the Siglo Siklista's A-team, yours truly and another portly Siglo member oscar we proceeded to Rizal to participate on said endeavor.



Bonked badly on the 1st checkpoint and decided to end the misery there, did the first 40 km and now had to endure 40 km trip back alone.

Ride home was interesting. Met a veteran roadie along the way that found the time not to be obsessed with Strava, instead he helped a fellow biker in need of that extra push to survive. Thank you sir.
Got to interact with some kids on Cardona waiting shed, lookout of sorts gave them snacks, talked to them about the importance of eating vegetables and staying in school.



Upon finally hitting upper parts of Rizal my water bottles are almost empty so I needed a refill. Stopped at beverage store to purchase a much needed fruit shake, parked my bike outside the establishment for couple of minutes when a shady looking dude was planning to take the bike. He was already going to grab the bike when I barged out of the store to prevent the theft and secure my property.

Crawled pretty much on remaining ride home the fun was gone but at least I have bunch of stories to tell.

Ernest "praying for a miracle" Hamster









No comments:

Post a Comment