4/08/2014

Bike ride: SS does errands and gets new accessories installed


SS beater now ready to haul

The heat killer only had 2 hours of sleep and I have to fetch my son report card in Malate. Also did the laundry yesterday and my back killing me contemplated in using my car but somehow did not succumbed to convenience. Now the only thing I have to decide is which Bike should I use? The EL Camino or the SS?


I choose the SS mainly because I'm hesitant to just leave my XC bike chained anywhere. Tubes, multi-tool, wrenches (hehe), bike lock, and my water bottle loaded in my backpack now proceeded to travel. When I arrived at my destination the security officer of the school let me park my bike inside the vicinity good! At least now I know that Malate Catholic a cyclist friendly school. Meeting with my Son teachers got my son report card along with the pictures of "moving up" event. What comes next was a surprise I forgot about the care-kit that was given to the class adviser at the beginning of the school year it is basically a shoe box with underwear, extra shirts, tissues, wipes. That is the standard but I had an extra 12L plastic container at that time so...The Teacher fetched the kit along with wooden toy wall-clock adding to the weight of the plastic container. Luckily my trusty Deuter backpack has lots of straps and could be expanded to add additional capacity great! But upon trying to expand the bag the zipper won't budge so my only option to use the bags various straps. Tried the helmet carrier straps first but it pulled the bag in a weird angle plus the straps showing signs of wear so giving it that much weight on one side might break it. The second place that I could think of was the waist strap clipped, with plastic container on my side like a big messenger bag. It worked even when pedaling standing-up, it looks awkward but at least I could carry the stuff with ease, and without impeding my steering and pedaling mobility.
Now the next step to install a rear rack after I dropped the stuff home proceeded to my friend bike shop. Since they also cater to the low budget bike commuters the shop has cheap, metal, rear racks on stock. A bottle of juice and couple of minutes later Mel the mechanic installed SS new rear rack it also came with a red reflector perfect! All I need now are bungee straps and I'm ready to haul cargo when needed.

Top peak saddle bag and rack



No comments:

Post a Comment