7/08/2014

The return

Commencal Evil Camino 29er

Finally after a whole summer season of waiting my "numero uno" bike is back with new "Murdered out" rims and cockpit goodies.
Rims Spank Subrosa30 rated All mountain, free ride, and light downhill for its size (29') with 30 inches of external width, tubeless ready. Mounted with Maxxis tubes along with Schwalbe Rocket ron's front and back the wider rim makes the 2.1 RoRo profile look bigger.
Previous Stem setup Funn Serial MX zero rise, 45mm with Funn Full-on bars 10 degree rise cut to 720mm both on old standard size 25.4mm. The reason I am still running the "standard" size cockpit is because I'm cheap. They are both NOS from LBS and the price was to good to pass up.
NEW stem setup XC friendly Funn Stryge 7 degree rise, 60mm length with Funn Fatboy 7 degree rise, 810mm handlebars oversized 31.8mm will first try the longer bars before cutting.

Picking-up the bike earlier today the first thing I noticed is how it looks burlier. Black rims just stand-out along with the anodized green hubs. Wider handle bar plus the kevlar grips Renthal looks sweet. And the stem with it's "GARGOYLE" inspiration design complements "not quite XC" setup I was looking for. All it needs now cockpit adjustments, and for the me to get back in riding shape. 

She was EL Camino before now I dub her...Evil Camino! And yes I am stoked to be back riding.

PapaHamster


No comments:

Post a Comment