1/15/2018

Hamster wheel

Keeps on spinning...

Bloody valentines
Last time I rode more than 100km it was 2 years ago on valentines day from Manila to Santa rosa laguna. After a much needed rest in Binan laguna (?) things got dicey when I was about to attack a two lane bridge crossing. Avoided a pot hole only to end up on road shoulder which had accumulated a lot of road dust in turn burying the tiny 20 inches tire resulting on endo. Unluckily my right hand took a hit along with my right knee. Suffered a deep gash on my palm and soreness on my knee was really fucked-up bad.
Still not wanting to turn around I shouldered on to Nuvali with mario (very patient dude) and watched bike shop buddies compete on duathlon event.
This day will be the last time I rode over 100 km for almost 2 years and will be forever known as the "bloody valentines" ride.

This signaled the END for that year. And on the next year purchased Grand tech which took a year to complete.
Read here

200, 400...
Now I want a medal, an AUDAX medal, and the only way I can GET one is by participating.
Getting back on the saddle and getting in riding shape will not be easy. Without training I could easily ride at least 60km with at least a month of training I can double my mileage but it is still not 200km. Plus I weight almost 20 pounds heavier than the last real ride (bloody valentines). This endeavor not going to be easy.

200km then...
Credit to the owner of the pic

Ernest Rufo

No comments:

Post a Comment