2/02/2014

Bike ride: Murphy Damn Law!

Bye bye BB

Murphy here and he likes rearing his ugly head. Knowing murphy sh*t will definitely happen on occasions you are not expecting.


Yesterday I visited Taguig Heroes Trail with a friend received a pinch flat, puncture, and destroyed my bottom bracket. Lucky this "trifecta" of suck did not occur last week on a hard adventure ride. Probably running to low pressure on my rear tire the pinch flat happened when I was inside the trail, I felt a rock deflected the sidewall that might have caused it. While the bottom bracket decided to take a dump on the bike shop work-stand, but before that 2 blocks away a small wire punctured the rear. Had to carry the bike because I was out of options at that point no more spares.
Bad luck aside my friend got to test my bike contemplating on options to add a twenty niner on his quiver. Glad to help my friend!
You live and you learn...to buy more spares and a patch kit. The BB was due for a replacement anyway now at least my bike ready for the upcoming training rides before 711 Trail 1000 MTB race.

Upcoming articles:
Tech Martes: ClydEssentials wheelset
Bike ride: Training Hamster rides
Bike ride: Race report! (soon)
Beginner's guide: Joining your first race, gear preparation, what to expect...
Hamster product reviews: Sandugo Helikon


Murphy's Law

No comments:

Post a Comment